Apple, Honey & Rosemary Filo Bouquet
This Apple, Honey & Rosemary Filo Bouquet is perfect as a starter or shareplate at your next family brunch, and it doubles as an indulgent, yet healthy dessert. It ticks all of the boxes, and surprisingly, it’s so easy to make!
Naturally sweetened with our MGO 30+ Manuka Blend Honey and perfectly paired with apples and crispy filo pastry, we’re loving this recipe that was created by Jaharn from @smorkitchen. If you want more home cooking inspiration and tips and tricks for entertaining at home, check out her Instagram! We hope you love this recipe as much as we do!
- 4 Granny Smith Apples, halved, core removed and cut into 1mm slices
- 1Teaspoon of Comvita MGO 30+ Manuka Blend Honey
- 1 Packet of Filo Pastry (18 Sheets)
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Egg, Lightly whisked
Honey & Rosemary Syrup
- 1/2 Cup Comvita MGO 30+ Manuka Blend Honey
- 1 Cup water, boiled 1
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Grease Skillet of baking tray lightly with olive oil spray
- Place apple slices and 1 teaspoon of Comvita 30+ Manuka Blend Honey in a large microwave safe bowl. Cover with water and microwave for 6 minutes on high or until the apples have softened. Drain and set aside.
- Lightly grease a clean work surface with olive oil spray. Layer four individual filo pastry sheets on top each other, lightly spraying with olive oil in between each sheet, Cut into four equal long strips.
- With one strip of layered Filo sheets, arrange and overlap apple slices along the top edge. Ensure the tops of the apple skins are poking out. Fold the remaining pastry lengthways and over the top of the apple slices. Roll the filo pastry lengthways and over the top of the apple slices. Roll the filo pastry to form a rose and place in the skillet or baking tray. Repeat until the skillet or baking tray is full with filo roses. Brush the tops of the roses lightly with the whisked egg mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until the pastry is lightly golden and the filo pastry is cooked through.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1/2 cup of Comvita MGO 30+ Manuka Blend Honey with hot water until thoroughly combined. Add the fresh rosemary sprig to the syrup. Set aside.
- Take the skillet or baking tray out of the oven when it is ready. Remove the rosemary sprig from the syrup and pour the syrup all over the bouquet.
- Remove the rosemary leaves from the stalk and sprinkle the leaves on top of the bouquet. Serve immediately.