Create a Bee Friendly GardenYou can help support the honey bees by planting bee friendly trees, flowers and shrubs in your gardens.
More than one third of what we eat relies on bee pollination, scarily bees all around the world are being critically threatened by Varroa, Pesticides, Disease and loss of habitat.
What can you do?
- Plant large groups of flowers to attract bees.
- Choose single flowers versus doubles or triples, choose traditional flowers not highly modified flowers.
- Bees need plenty of pollen and nectar – so think about planting plants that provide both nectar and pollen.
- Create an edible garden, plant berries, fruit trees and herbs. Some good examples are Apples, Pears, Cucumbers and Basil.
- Avoid chemical pesticides, they harm the bees and other pollinating insects.
Watch the video to learn more: