How to stick to your New Year’s ResolutionsAnother New Year’s Eve has been and gone. Resolutions have been made and the will to succeed is strong.
The key to keeping your New Year’s resolutions may be as easy as following these steps:
- Keep your list of resolutions short and check that they are realistic.
- Be specific. Try to avoid using vague terms, for example “get healthy”. Instead, think about what “being healthy” looks like and feels like and make that the goal.
- Recruit family and friends to help you. By telling them what you are trying to achieve you are accountable to people who care about you.
- Power in numbers. Join a group of like-minded people to keep you focused.
- Set reminders on your phone and/or computer.
- Keep good company. Limit exposure to people who will encourage resolution-breaking.
- Substitute a good habit. For example, you might take up eating nuts instead of chips when socialising.
- Practice smart behaviours. For example, if you want to lose weight, don’t ever buy junk food when grocery shopping; if you want to quit smoking, try to minimise behaviours that go with it e.g. drinking alcohol.
- Visualise success – speak and act as if you have already accomplished your goal. For example, say “I love being healthy”, instead of “I am trying to get healthy”
- Stay positive! If you slip up, don’t beat yourself up. Regroup and continue.
- Use technology. Try using an app or website e.g. www.mygoals.com, to track your progress and keep you focused.
- Start now, not tomorrow or next week.
- Remember will power is like a muscle, the more you use it the stronger it gets.
Give your detox a boost by adding 15mLs of Olive Leaf Extract into your juice or smoothie. And remember to drink plenty of water!