To see more wonderful recipes that incorporate Manuka honey check out our latest 'Honey, let's celebrate!' E-book: HERE
- 60ml unoaked tequila
- 1 tbsp Comvita Mānuka Honey
- 30ml fresh lime juice
- 15ml cointreau
- 2pieces of ginger
- Lime, chilli and salt flakes for the rim
- Sprinkle a few teaspoons of salt and chilli flakes over the surface of a small plate or saucer. Rub one wedge of lime along the rim of a tumbler and then dip it into the salt and chilli flakes so that the entire rim is covered.
- Mix equal parts of Mānuka Honey and warm water and stir until the honey is dissolved to make a honey syrup.
- Put the ginger in the cocktail shaker and muddle it. Then fill a cocktail shaker with ice, then add the tequila, lime juice, cointreau and honey syrup. Shake until the outside of the shaker feels cold.
- Strain the mix into the prepared glass over fresh ice. Serve with a wedge of lime.