NATURALLY SWEET DESSERT IDEA FOR MOTHER’S DAY with Luke Hines
Healthy and chocolate can exist in the same sentence, according to Luke Hines, Australia’s Healthy Cook. Ahead of Mother’s Day this year, Luke is sharing a simple recipe as part of Comvita’s Wellness from Home program to help everyone’s Mother’s Day end on a sweet note.
“Not life but good life is to be chiefly valued.” says Ancient Greek Philosopher Socrates.
Embodying the key ancient principles of a full life well lived, Luke shows us how cooking can bring joy and delight with dessert.
“If anything sums of good life, it’s creating chocolate from scratch!” says Luke. Using natural ingredients, Luke shows, how to create handmade chocolate, made from the heart.
Watch our quick 15 minute session to see Luke create his delicious recipe for healthy, homemade chocolate.
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cacao butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup sweetener of choice, such as Manuka Honey
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over low to medium heat and stir gently until all melted and combined.
- Pour into a baking tray lined with baking paper or smaller silicone moulds. Add your favourite toppings such as nuts, seeds and mixed berries and set in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
Spoil your loved ones with something made from the heart from scratch, says Luke, encouraging us all to explore and discover the joy of healthy eating. Championing self-care, the Wellness From Home program is designed to help all Australians to emerge from the ongoing situation more well than when it started.
Don’t miss out on your chance to be part of Wellness From Home LIVE!
1. Follow Comvita on Instagram to catch the upcoming live sessions and for your chance to win a Comvita Timeless Wellness Prize Pack
2. Go to Comvita’s WFH – Wellness from Home program , for details on all the upcoming sessions.