Olive, Lemon And Kiwi Immune Support Gummies Recipe
Need a pick me up for winter? Naturopath, Herbalist and Organic Food, Health and Lifestyle educator, Anthia Koullouros shares her Olive, Lemon & Kiwi Gummies recipe to help support immunity this winter.
Ingredients (Makes 12 Squares):
- 60mls of Comvita Fresh-Picked Olive Leaf Extract Original Flavour (*half the amount for children)
- 8 Tbsp gelatin powder or the equivalent in gelatine leaves (*found in supermarkets)
- ½ cup of freshly boiled water
- ½ cup of lemon juice and ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp of grated fresh ginger root
- 2-3 Tbsp of Manuka Honey
- 4 ripe kiwifruit, peeled and pureed
- Mix the lemon juice and zest, honey and kiwi fruit in a small pot. Simmer on medium heat for five minutes.
- In a separate medium pot, whisk the gelatin and water until dissolved. It will firm immediately, so stir quickly to blend.
- Add the lemon kiwi mixture to the pot with the gelatin mixture. Whisk together until mixed well.
- Stir through the olive leaf extract.
- Pour into a shallow dish and chill for an hour to set.
- Cut into 12 slices. The slices will pull out easily if the warmth of your hands are placed around the dish.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Chew on 3 squares throughout the day for a delicious, chewy-scription!
Traditional Therapy: Comvita Fresh-Picked Olive Leaf Extract – Traditionally used in Western Herbal medicine to support the immune system and relieve symptoms of coughs, colds, & flu, sore throats and upper respiratory tract infections.