Soothing Sore Throat Tea Recipe
It’s just weeks until the winter cold and flu season ‘officially’ hits, now is the time to put up your best defence and boost the immune system. Naturopath, Herbalist and Organic Food, Health and Lifestyle educator, Anthia Koullouros shares her Soothing Sore Throat Tea recipe which helps to support immunity and relieve symptoms of sore throats.
Ingredients (Makes 1 cup):
- 5mls of Comvita Fresh-Picked Olive Leaf Extract Original Flavour
- 1 teaspoon of Manuka Honey
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon of grated fresh ginger root
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric root powder
- 1 cup of freshly boiled water
- Add the dried and fresh ingredients to a teapot with freshly boiled water.
- Brew for 5 minutes.
- Pour tea through the strainer.
- Stir in the Comvita Fresh-Picked Olive Leaf Extract Original.
- Sip while warm
Drink up to 3 cups throughout the day for a delicious sip-scription!
Traditional Therapy: Comvita Fresh-Picked Olive Leaf Extract – Traditionally used in Western Herbal medicine to support the immune system and relieve symptoms of coughs, colds, & flu, sore throats and upper respiratory tract infections.