Why You Need Olive Leaf Extract In Your Life
By Sally O'Neil, Editor in Chief. As featured on The Fit Foodie Blog website, posted on 9th May, 2016.
Olive leaf is the pretty silver leaf of the olive tree – you’ve probably spotted them in orchards (a little like vineyards) when you’ve travelled to Mediterranean climates, though we can grow them here in Australia too. Olive oil is well known for its flavour and health benefits, but the leaf has been used medicinally for centuries too.
Olive Leaf Extract is made by extracting the liquid from the leaves along with the nutritional benefits. Olive Leaf Extract can then be used to supplement a healthy lifestyle – cause if you’re reading this, that's what you’re all about, right?!
Comvita’s Olive Leaf Extract for cardiovascular health has been specially formulated to deliver a high intake of olive leaf phenolics (the potent bit) needed to help maintain a healthy heart.
HOW DO I USE IT?
Olive Leaf Extract is perfect to add to your favourite smoothie, protein shake or juice for an antioxidant boost. Try this nourishing MANGO LASSI for a great way to start to the day!
Ingredients - Serves 4
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom, optional
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup natural Greek or coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon Comvita’s Olive Leaf Extract (natural flavour)
- 1 tsp rice malt syrup, optional
- Cut the juicy flesh off the mango (the riper they are, the better), leaving the stone in the middle and trimming away all the skin.
- Place the flesh and any juice into a blender with the yoghurt, olive leaf extract, ice cubes, rice malt syrup and cardamom (if using).
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
WHERE DO I GET SOME?
Always read the label. Use only as directed. If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare professional.