This recipe was developed by Lisa Holmen from @LISAEATWORLD using Comvita UMF 5+ Mānuka Honey.
To see more wonderful recipes that incorporate Manuka honey check out our latest 'Honey, let's celebrate!' E-book: HERE
For the Pavlova
- 4 egg whites (at room temperature)
- 250g castor sugar
- 2 tsp of cornflour (sifted)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
For the topping
- Preheat oven to 120°C.
- Line a tray with baking paper. Use a round baking tin to draw one large circle (22cm) then draw another circle inside it approximately 13cm wide.
- Beat egg whites, one spoon of sugar and salt until soft peaks form. Beat in the rest of the sugar, a little at a time until meringue is stiff and shiny.
- Sprinkle over sifted cornflour, vinegar and fold in lightly. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down at this stage with no fear of anything coming out.
- Grab a dessert spoon and scoop a dollop of meringue. Place this dollop between the outside and inside line. Repeat until a ring of meringue is complete.
- Create a second layer of meringue on top of the first until second ring is complete.
- Flatten the top by smoothing the meringue.
- Place meringue in oven for one hour at 120°C.
- When time is complete, turn off the oven and leave meringue in the oven until completely cool, preferably overnight.
- When cool, spread with whipped cream, and decorate with fresh berries, cherries and drizzle with Mānuka Honey.